Where could be a more perfect sustainable Autumn proposal venue than a rustic shepherd’s hut? Especially with a suitably earthy, rustic and rich colour scheme. A campfire and an evening under the stars is a memorable way to start your life’s journey together.
- A dress and hat from the H&M UK conscious range.
- A sustainable handmade ring box.
- A recycled silver and amber sea glass engagement ring.
- A hired-in tablescape featuring an organic linen tablecloth, recycled glass, and second-hand pieces.
- Arrangements of British dried flowers and grasses, which are less damaging to the environment than imported fresh flowers.
- Fuelling the fire pit with logs that had naturally fallen in the forest surrounding the location.
- Raising a toast using organic beers and Prosecco.
You can find all the info and links to the team of ethical, sustainable wedding professionals and suppliers who were involved in the shoot at the botom of the page. For now just enjoy scrolling Sarah Hoyle’s gorgeous images.
a sustainable ring box
I was very pleased that love heartwood’s yew ring box was chosen to be featured. Each unique ring box is handmade from locally and sustainably sourced branch wood and the inserts are hand felted from British sheepswool. Each ring box comes with 2 inserts, one single and one double so that it can be used for both the engagement ring and then the wedding rings. Ring boxes are available in a range of native British timbers. You are also welcome to request a specific timber if you wish.
a recycled engagement ring
toasting the future
Location: Kilnhanger Shepherd’s Hut
Photographer and Concept: Sarah Hoyle Photography
Stylist: The Luxe Design Company
MUA: Birute Thomas
Models: Ali and Dionne
Ring Designer: Salt & Wild
Ring Box: Love Heartwood
Love Letter Calligraphy: Wedding Calligraphy by Rachel
See the whole gorgeous story unfold on the green union blog
green wedding ideas
These wooden wedding accessories will bring a little woodland magic to your special day.