PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING COMMISSIONS.
They will restart in January 2022.
commissions and custom orders
Creating a bespoke wooden gift involves a creative dialogue each time, between myself and the client. Each one produces something completely unique and personal. It’s always a special experience.
Would you like a truly unique wooden item as a wedding, special birthday or anniversary gift? Perhaps you want a bespoke funeral urn? Maybe you have a special tree or piece of wood you’d like transformed into a keepsake or useful item? Or perhaps you’d like to customise one of my existing products? Whatever the reason click the button below to complete the enquiry form and I’ll be in touch.
recent bespoke and custom orders
- Handmade Custom Golf Trophythe idea I really enjoyed working on this commisison since it involved taking something old and making it into something new and useable. Will first emailed me with his enquiry in March. His idea was to use a Victorian pewter […]
- British Made Wooden Toys COVID ProjectChapelhall Community Resilience Project As I’m based in my garden workshop, I was able to continue working during lockdown in the precious hours when I wasn’t homeschooling my 3 sons aged 4, 8 and 10. At the beginning of June 2020 […]
- rustic wedding ring box commissionIn Britain, rowan trees have long been seen as protective spirits. Because of that it’s the perfect wood to craft into a rustic wedding ring box. This ring box was a special commission for a lady who’d seen my boxes […]
- Custom Wand CommissionI recently completed my second custom wand commission. Despite already writing about making a wand I had such fun designing Mark’s wand with him that I wanted to share the experience with you. I really enjoy it when customers get […]
- keepsake urns for ashesthe initial enquiry for a wooden urn This pair of acorn shaped keepsake urns were commissioned by Belinda to store her father’s ashes. We initially got talking at the Caversham Artisan & Farmers Market in July 2019. She was intrigued […]
Want to know exactly how the commissioning process works? Read a case study or check out the FAQ’s.
commission case studies
What’s involved in ordering a one-off piece?
the commissioning process
Complete the commission enquiry form.
I’ll get in touch to discuss your requirements and ideas.
Next I’ll create some initial sketches.
Then we’ll go through the ideas together to narrow down what you really want and write a detailed design brief.
Working to that brief I’ll develop a detailed design that includes the timescale and estimated price.
I’ll present the design to you and ask for your feedback.
Then I make the item.
On completion, you’ll receive your piece along with a PDF documenting its creation.
Can you use my wood?
Absolutely! I love working with wood that has a special significance as it makes the piece even more personal. However, not all wood is suitable for turning and I have to examine it and check it’s safe to work with and appropriate for the proposed item.
How long does it take?
This is dependent on various factors and each commission’s unique. As a rough guide, for a completely original piece allow a minimum of 2-3 months. If you’d like to customise one of my existing designs then a shorter time of up to a month is realistic.
How much does it cost?
Again, that’s specific to each project. But for a customised piece based on one of my existing designs prices start at around £80. Completely bespoke pieces start at £200.
An initial payment of 50% is taken once the specific brief has been agreed. The remaining balance is due on delivery of the item.